A project celebrating all women of the age of 50 & beyond.
Shining a spotlight on their self-worth, courage, authenticity, and elegance.
This project is to celebrate the diversity of all women over the age of fifty, from all walks of life, all ethnicity’s! To visualize the diversity of woman, to celebrate the beautiful creation of life that we are, and what we give to society.
PROJECT 50/50 will take place over the course of a year finishing up with an exhibition of images from all the participants. So please come and join us on this wonderful journey, meet other the participants and lets kick start a movement in Canterbury ~ 50 & proud!
Be seen, Be heard, we are all Beautiful!
SO OFTEN I HEAR HOW WOMEN IN THEIR FIFTIES (AND BEYOND) FEEL "INVISIBLE" OR "IRRELEVANT".
LETS FACE IT ADVERTISING IS GEARED FOR THE YOUNGER WOMAN, EVEN WHEN IT IS THOSE OF US IN OUR MATURE YEARS WHO HAVE THE FAMILY BUYING POWER! YET WE ARE SO IGNORED BY ADVERTISING & MEDIA COMPANIES!
PROJECT 50/50 IS A GLOBAL INITIATIVE TRYING TO CHANGE THESE CRUEL AND DAMAGING PERCEPTIONS.
AS A 50-YEAR OLD WOMAN MYSELF, I KNOW HOW IT FEELS, THIS IS A CAUSE CLOSE TO MY HEART, WHICH IS WHY I AM STARTING THIS CELEBRATION OF ALL WOMEN AGED 50 AND OVER
AT THE END OF THIS PROJECT, THERE WILL BE A FUN NIGHT OF CELEBRATION! DRINKS & NIBBLES ALONG WITH AN EXHIBITION OF ALL THE STUNNING WOMEN WHO PARTICIPATE, SO THAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY CAN SHARE IN THE JOY AND SELF-CONFIDENCE OF ALL MY BEAUTIFUL LADIES.
COME & join in on Project 50/50
Below are some details of the Project 50/50 please have a read.
Fill out the submission form if you are interested in being a participant.
We hope to hear from you soon xR
Tue - Fri 10am-2pm
What is the process?
1. Start with registering your interest by filling out the form below.
2. I will contact you to book in a time and date for your pre-session consultation. We can do this in person, either in my studio, over the phone, or via face-time or Skype.
3. At that point we will lock-in a date for your photo session, (I will also send you a pdf covering prep for the photo-shoot points of which we have already discussed) and a deposit will be required.
4. When you arrive at the studio for your photo-shoot I will place you in the safe hands of my trusted hair and make-up artist who will pamper you and get you lovely and relaxed. We will ask you how you like you hair and make-up done, and the look we are trying to achieve. Remember we want the very best version of you, the make-over is not a cover up; it is ensuring we represent the natural, authentic version of you. So please let myself or my Make-up artist know if you are not happy with anything.
5. Once you're feeling and looking absolutely gorgeous, we will start your photo shoot, I will guide you through a fun and exciting photo-session. The shoot will include 4-5 outfit changes. I will also sit with you before the shoot and chat so we can capture the essence of your story and what it is like to be you, I will also take some behind the scenes video.
6. Ten to fourteen days after your shoot you’ll be invited back for your big reveal. There’s absolutely no pressure to purchase images: you only buy what you love. Remember you also get to choose your favorite print as part of your package for being part of this project. If you do purchase a folio box of your prints during your reveal I will gift you a behind the scenes video which will showcase your purchased stills as well :)
7. At the end of the project I will invite you to come and view your image hanging up with 49 others in an exhibit for all of my 50/50 ladies to enjoy and celebrate. Participants are free of charge (part of your package) however there will be a small door fee for guests.
What does the 50/50 package include?
YOU'LL BE INVITED TO MY STUDIO, WITH IT'S RELAXED ENVIRONMENT, WHERE YOU CAN UNWIND AND FEEL AS EASE. WE CHAT BEFORE THE PHOTO- SHOOT TO GO OVER YOUR WARDROBE CHOICES ... PLUS:
An indulgent pampering session from a professional hair and make-up stylist
Five wardrobe changes and wardrobe styling
Fully-guided professional photo shoot
One mounted print 8"x10" (in 11x14 mat) of your favorite image to keep. You are welcome to purchase additional prints if you love them but there is no obligation.
Invitation to the final Exhibition with drinks & nibbles